Hope you are all keeping well during this time.
Due to the current restrictions monthly meetings of Clyro Community Council are suspended however we will be issuing a monthly notice with details of planning applications, financial statement and any relevant or required information.
The notice update for May is available here: Community Notice May 2020
MAY 2020 COMMUNITY NOTICE
FROM CLYRO COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Due to COVID-19 restrictions meetings will not be held, only urgent matters will be dealt with via email/telephone with Community Councillors.
Residents of the Clyro Community please use firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate with the Community Council, thank you.
- We have received an anonymous comment via the web site regarding the approval of planning application 19/1496/FUL – Construction of a cabin for holiday use, access improvements and associated works. They expressed concern that the property may be used for permanent occupation. This concern was also raised directly to Powys Planning and is noted on the delegated decision report.
At the time of the application Clyro Community Council did not have any objection.
Approval was given by Powys County Council and on checking the delegated decision condition 15 is in place to prevent the use of the property for permanent occupation:
- 15. The development shall be occupied as holiday accommodation only and shall not be occupied as a person’s sole or main place of residence by any persons. An up to date register shall be kept at the holiday accommodation hereby permitted and be made available for inspection by the local planning authority upon request. The register shall contain details of the names of all of the occupiers of the accommodation, their main home addresses and their date of arrival and departure from the accommodation.
- 15. In order to ensure control of the use of the holiday unit and to prevent the establishment of permanent residency in accordance with Powys Local Development Plan Policy TD1.
It is not within the remit of CCC to police the execution of planning applications (this would be Powys CC) but hopefully the above information will provide reassurance to the concerned party.
- The Committee of the Three Cocks Vintage and Steam Rally have made the difficult decision to cancel what would have been the 40th annual rally at Boatside Farm on Sunday 9th August 2020. They are now planning the 40th rally that will fall on Sunday 8th August 2021.
- Zurich Insurance Annual renewal
- Clerks Salary
- PAVO, payroll services
FINANCIAL: Bank balances: Reserve £1,844.85 (on 30th April 2020) – Current £4,289.11 (on 4th May 2020). Payments to include BT direct debit, Zurich Insurance (£257.60), Clerks Salary (£160), HMRC (£120) and PAVO (£30).
For more information please have a look at Clyro’s Community website www.clyro.org
Update on Clyro Play Park
I am incredibly pleased to see the ground works have commenced and are well under way at the new Clyro Play Park adjacent to Castle Estate. On Tuesday I met the contractor MH Davies from Sennybridge and Jon Watson from Powys Engineering Works Dept on site and discussed some minor tweaks to the plans and I am excited to see the site beginning to take shape.
This phase of work will create the basic layout and shape to the park including the terraces with benches, the mound for the slide with built in tunnel running through the mound beneath the slide, stone dust path ascending to the top of the site. concrete base for the top bench and access gate for mowing maintenance.
The dog walking/recreation wildlife area has had the walking path mown and the areas around the outside rotavated in preparation for the planting which is planned for the autumn.
MH Davies have also put in crossing points with dipped curbs on the Castle Estate and the pedestrian accesses for the new housing site onto the pavement of A438.
It is good to see the progress of such a positive project that looks forward to a time when we will able to meet up, socialise and play again.
The Community Council will continue to work with Powys and the contractors over the coming months to help shape the final design of the play park into a place that will be used and enjoyed by all members of our community and if Councillors or members of the community have ideas or suggestions for the play park please contact me via the clerk or directly by email at email@example.com
Roger Wells (Chair Clyro Community Council)